Red Sky Lullaby:
Lush downtempo electroacoustic grooves.
Red Sky Lullaby is Stuart Kilbride. He grew up in London on a diet of Funk, Jazz, Prog Rock, Hip Hop, Ambient and Electronica.
Early musical experiences included playing violin in a youth orchestra, learning
to play piano and cheap Yamaha keyboards with tiny keys - experimenting late into
the night making mixes with 80's tape to tape recorders. Stuart then progressed to using a mixing desk to record to 2inch analog tape and created strange
noises by winding tapes backwards and forwards in a youth center
Then came the wonders of 4 track home studios and thence into the world
of sampling and analog synths. For better or worse he still doesn't use
computers much. He is still using oldschool hardware samplers, 16trk and a hardware
sequencer from the the early 90's that you need a degree in math to operate but
its still never crashed or glitched out on him to this day.
Stuart has released music under various names and record labels in Europe and Japan
including, Ambient Soho, 2Kool, Avex and Millenium records. He has also done
music for TV and had stuff on shows broadcast all over the world. In 2006 he
moved from London across the pond to the snowy plains of upstate NY and started
working on the Red Sky Lullaby project.
Red Sky Lullaby is a collaborative project between Stuart (Instruments and Production) and various talented vocalists.
Sometimes the music is made first with vocals added on top and sometimes the music is constructed around a bare acapella vocal that someone sends him.
Stuart loves doing collaborations with vocalists/mc's as he gets bored working alone after a while and bored if he sticks
to one genre. As he says so himself, "mostly music helps me keep my head in check!".
For more info visit Stuart's website, Facebook page and Youtube channel.
Very Own Special Day
Red Sky Lullaby lives in New York, USA.
Tagged as: Electronica, Downtempo.
- Kalabi: chillout music for late nights and early mornings
- Mystic Crock: Ambient, Chillout, Psybient, Psychadelic and Downbeat
- Monom: ethnic house music, World music, electronic, chillout, latino, oriental, far-east, Australia and Europe
- Kirsty Hawkshaw: ambient electronica
- DP Kaufman: ambient, melodic electronica meets neo-classical
- Mokhov: Sounds like Four Tet + Boards of Canada
- Stanislav: Laid-back, cool, electroakoustic, classical music, ethno, jazzy soundtracks
- Nuform: Innovative, emotional and trippy electronic music
- prettyhowtown: playful, melodic, hand-made ambient electronic music
- Mike McGuill: Diverse, intelligent electronica from London
- Psycliq: an electric heart with an organic soul
- Ion: clean, crystalline ambient
- Superdirt2: highly danceable electro beats with virtuouso cello
- Terracotta Blue: Hip-hop-infused, electronic chill music... with a dash of everything else!
- Indidginus: n. Riddims (Music. Dubstep, dub, dancehall and global bass music, incorporating slide didgeridoo in live performances ~ DidgeriDubstep)
- Solar Cycle: a summer cocktail of Chill out, Electronica and Ambient
- Love Amplifier: Lose yourself in the electronic
- Amfibia: electronic, acoustic, chillout, lounge, comopolitian, instrumental
- Sports football betting app: gorgeously sculpted, uber-melodic downtempo
- Francois Couture: Canadian composer, musician, orchestrator, arranger and sound designer