Organic, atmospheric acoustic-guitar textures.
Guitarist, sound artist and gentleman, Mr Daniel Knowler is
the founder of the Actual Size label and member of various groups outside of
music's mainstream, including The Infinite Three, Leisur Hive, Cindytalk and
Daniel's primary concerns are the avant/drone rock group The Infinite Three and
as guitarist for experimental veterans Cindytalk. He has performed and recorded
improvised electronic music as Sweetie; collaborated with Doug Shearer on the
"phonetic hardcore" project 6 Pregnant Lambs, and with Maria Vellanz on "Rock",
a re-imagining of John Cage's 'Ryoanji'.
Our Wet Geometry, Daniel's first solo release is an album of atmospheric
acoustic guitar pieces. Instrumental songs ranging from cinematic textures and
post-rock crescendos to plaintive folksy finger picking. Taking cues from folk,
blues, pop and soundtrack music Our Wet Geometry takes a more melodic turn than
most of his previous work.
Hidden within the organic orchestration however are ciphers more in keeping with
Daniel's background in experimental music: field recordings, subtle electronic
drones and electronic treatments follow the melodies around like grey shadows.
Our Wet Geometry
Daniel Knowler lives in London, England.
Tagged as: Alt Rock, New Age, Instrumental Rock, Acoustic Guitar, Acoustic Rock, Daydreaming, Electric Guitar.
- Rob Johnson Music: epic instrumental music for the movies in your mind
- Justin St-Pierre: Acoustic percusive guitar
- Barry James: instrumental music with an edge
- Ray Montford: Evocative, melodic and haunting instrumental guitar music
- Nigel Martin: quality guitar driven instrumental music
- Emiel Stopler: Filmic composer and acoustic fingerstyle guitarist
- Jon Swift: northwest guitarist at large
- VSTRS: An arty thump of melody and bombast
- Emma Wallace: angst-free modern ragtime
- Luke Gartner-Brereton: music for minds
- EuchMad: Hypnotic and touching, Euchmad immerses us in a fantasy world
- Sports football betting appJami Sieber: enchanting cello compositions
- Mystic Crock: Ambient, Chillout, Psybient, Psychadelic and Downbeat
- To Life!: Music as a journey through tribal landscapes, rhythmic dance, hypnotic trance.
- Ehren Starks: piano and cello/jazzy new age
- Sambodhi Prem: reflections of the moon in music
- Snowsleep: mediative ambient, electronic and post-rock
- Kirsty Hawkshaw: ambient electronica
- Sports football betting app: an iridescent landscape of gossamer melodies and labyrinthine rhythms, with a sense of celestial wonder
- prettyhowtown: playful, melodic, hand-made ambient electronic music