Music in the twenty-first century, a hybrid blend of classical and ambient music.
"As far as debut albums are concerned, composer/producer, multi-instrumentalist
Chris Field's "Sub-Conscious" is an outstanding record: great compositions and
arrangements, first rate performances and most importantly a defined point of
Chris Field is a Los Angeles musician, songwriter, singer,
and film composer. He played guitar in rock bands during the 1990s, and then began
writing film music. He produced a prolific amount of film music for movie
trailers and wrote the iconic theme "Gothic Power". His influences are diverse,
from Neil Young and Led Zeppelin to Beethoven and Prokoviev. He has written, performed
and produced two albums, Personal Elegy and Sub-Conscious.
About this album, Chris says:
"It's about what's going on behind our thoughts, our sub-conscious. I like to
sleep with music very low and once in a while I find my mind halfway between
awake and asleep. I feel and perceive things much differently then and can get a
much stronger perception of my spirit. Maybe its something like meditation, I
don't know. I tried to capture that in this music.
Also, because its not created for film or picture, I had to draw from my own
experience. I wanted a smooth arc in the music so that it wouldn't be startling
for the listener. It builds smoothly to the peaks. This is something I noticed
when falling asleep to music. If there are too many abrupt dynamics, it can be
At the same time, I wanted to keep it exciting when listening at louder volumes.
I think this is what, to me, makes new age music unique. It has a smooth flow.
There are lots of influences on this album: classical, rock, jazz and cinema,
etc., but I applied the new age feeling to it."
Sub-Conscious was awarded Best Neo-Classical Album, 2006.
Sports football betting appPersonal Elegy
Chris Field lives in California, USA.
Tagged as: Electro Rock, Pop, Vocal, Bass, Classic rock, Electro Rock, Keyboard.
- Anton Cosmo: rock superstar to be
- The Stroj: retrofuturistic, DIY instruments, industrial, electronic, tribal and steampunk
- Carlos Schwarz: passionate, evocative, and captivating new age
- Bella Gaia: an iridescent landscape of gossamer melodies and labyrinthine rhythms, with a sense of celestial wonder
- Francois Couture: Canadian composer, musician, orchestrator, arranger and sound designer
- Mike Goudreau Jazz Band: boppin', swingin' joie de vivre whether it's jazz or blues
- Kalabi: chillout music for late nights and early mornings
- Luke Gartner-Brereton: music for minds
- Mystic Crock: Ambient, Chillout, Psybient, Psychadelic and Downbeat
- Mundi: Early music meets global folk at the Penguin Café
- Jami Sieber: enchanting cello compositions
- Kirsty Hawkshaw: ambient electronica
- Mokhov: Sounds like Four Tet + Boards of Canada
- To Life!: Music as a journey through tribal landscapes, rhythmic dance, hypnotic trance.
- Monom: ethnic house music, World music, electronic, chillout, latino, oriental, far-east, Australia and Europe
- Sports football betting appToni Castells: Puccini meets Sigur Rós
- Sasha Merkulov: Ethnic New Age, Groove, Meditation, Sitar, Ambient
- Oliostere: Progressive jazz frolicking on melodic polyrhythms
- Sports football betting app: ambient, melodic electronica meets neo-classical
- Sambodhi Prem: reflections of the moon in music