Voices of Music : In a Garden So Green, Lute Music of Scotland.|
Lilting renaissance & baroque vocal interpretations .
Forty years ago, on a warm fall afternoon in the music library of Columbia
University, I transcribed a beautiful lute solo from a microfilm of the Jane
Pickering lute book. Jane's book, now 400 years old, contains some of the best
English music written for the lute, but this particular piece was from Scotland,
and it was music that I had not even imagined could exist: full of spirited
dance rhythms, unusual harmonies and angular, asymmetrical tunes.
At the time, I
wished for more of these amazing pieces - enough for a concert of Scottish music,
or a recording. In the intervening years, many fine musicians and musicologists
found more music, and recorded this repertory, so that Scottish music became an
established part of the Early Music repertory.
More than sixty different manuscripts and prints were consulted in preparation
for this recording, and these sources reflect the confluence of international
styles in vogue in Scotland in the 17th century. I hope that you will enjoy this
music as much as I have.
-David Tayler, Ph.D.
2. A New Scots Measure
4. In a Garden So Green
5. A Scots Tune
6. The Scottish Huntsup
7. Ane Scottis Dance
8. The Flowers of the Forest
9. Fy Gar Rub Her O'er Wi' Strae
10. Joy to the Person
11. The Last Time I Came Over the Moor
12. Mal Symes
13. The Old Man
15. Rowallan Alman
16. Whip My Taudie
17. The Gypsies Lilt
18. Wo Betyd Thy Wearie Bodie
19. I Never Knew I Loved Thee
21. Branle de Poictou
22. Sports football betting appIt is a Wonder to See
Listen to: the entire album.
License Lilting renaissance & baroque vocal interpretations by Voices of Music for your project.
Play the music of Voices of Music in your restaurant or store.
Release date: 12/15/2014
Voices of Music lives in California USA
Tagged as: Classical, World, Renaissance, Folk, Instrumental, Celtic, Lute
- Vocal music of the Cathedral Notre-Dame de Paris in the year 1200 by Vox Nostra: gorgeously complex and rich vocals using manuscripts from the middle ages
- To Shorten Winter's Sadness by Passamezzo: 16th and 17th Century Music and Song for Christmas and Winter
- Triemer Six Cello Sonatas by Ensemble Mirable: rare and extraordinary music of the Baroque
- JS Bach on 8 string guitar, vol 2 by Daniel Estrem: colorful classical guitar
- Medieval and Traditional Carols, Chansons and Festive Dances by In Nova Cantica: carols and chansons from the 13th - 17th Centuries for dancing, festivities and mayhem
- Influenza Italiana by Ensemble Mirable: rare and extraordinary music of the Baroque
- Mozart Klavier Trios by Streicher Trio: classical chamber music on period instruments
- Dolce Musica - A Contemplative Journey by Healing Muses: early music for healing
- Angelus by Zephyrus: Early Music vocal ensemble
- Conversations Galantes by Ensemble Mirable: rare and extraordinary music of the Baroque
- Hidden Sky by Jami Sieber: enchanting cello compositions
- JS Bach on 8 string guitar, vol 1 by Daniel Estrem: colorful classical guitar
- Tasabasaba by To Life!: Music as a journey through tribal landscapes, rhythmic dance, hypnotic trance.
- Spanish Recital by Alan Rinehart: A feast of Renaissance and Baroque music
- The Airs of Wales by Cheryl Ann Fulton: World-class performer and teacher of Medieval, Baroque, Welsh triple, Celtic and Concert harps.
- Imported from Italy by Gonzalo X Ruiz: baroque oboist extraordinaire
- JS Bach Six Motets BWV 225-230 by Bach Collegium San Diego: Bach, historically informed, vibrantly performed
- Italian Baroque Music for Archlute by Francesca Torelli: Lute songs of the English Renaissance
- Mozart 4 Quartets for Strings and Winds by American Baroque: Spectacular Baroque and Classical chamber music
- One Hour Long Bird Song by Sambodhi Prem: reflections of the moon in music
- MP3: High quality MP3 variable-bit-rate files. Most people download these: they are audiophile files that play everywhere.
- Sports football betting appALAC: Perfect quality Apple Lossless format files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, get these. They're an exact audio copy of the original CD, and include the CD artwork and artist info. This is the same format as High Definition audio provided by the iTunes store.
- AAC: High quality Apple Audio Codec files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, these files sound great and include CD art and artist info. This is the standard format provided by the iTunes music store.
- WAV: Perfect quality WAV files. This format works everywhere, and is an exact audio copy of the original CD. It sounds fantastic. Album art and artist and artist info is unfortunately not possible with this format.
- FLAC Perfect quality open source FLAC files. This is an open source audio format. It is an exact copy of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- Sports football betting app: High quality open source OGG files. This is an open source audio format. It is a compressed (smaller file size) version of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- 128k: Medium quality 128K MP3 files. These are medium audio quality MP3 files that will work on every device. The audio quality is good enough for most uses. These files are intended for cases where you want to conserve disk space.