Scott Hallgren : Tango - Jazz (live in Studio C).
Jazz, tango & other adventures.
The similarities between jazz and tango are deeper than most listeners realize, so the idea of combining the two idioms again on a future project has a certain appeal.
The first four pieces, collectively know as 'The Porteña
Suite', are dedicated to Diana Holland, and represent Scott's foray into writing
tango music. The next three tunes with Scott on piano begin with a longing solo
piece, Snowfall, and then see him joined by bassist Brad Albin for Imagine, a
jazz contrafact and Susurro (Whisper), a bossa/ballad.
The last three pieces are unique collaborations: Spirits of the Dead is a
completely free musical improvisation (no sheet music or pre-conceived ideas) in
response to an eerie poem by Edgar Allan Poe. (Scott had not had the opportunity
to play with trumpeter Rod McGaha before, nor has he since.) Sin Lux represents
a similar effort with saxophonist Mitch Reilly one year later. The bonus track,
Film Noir, is a piece Scott wrote specifically for trumpeter/friend Leif Shires
in a lush, 1950's jazz-cum-orchestra style, which was recorded for Leif's debut
Most of the album was performed and recorded live on
Nashville's NPR affiliate, WPLN, during several different sessions between Oct.
30, 2007 and Jan. 10, 2010. All of the pieces are original compositions.
1. La Ultima Llamada
4. Ponete Las Pilas
8. Spirits Of The Dead (spoken intro)
9. Spirits Of The Dead
10. Sin Lux
11. Sports football betting appFilm Noir
Listen to: the entire album.
License Jazz, tango & other adventures by Scott Hallgren for your project.
Play the music of Scott Hallgren in your restaurant or store.
Release date: 11/13/2010
Scott Hallgren lives in Tennessee USA
Tagged as: Jazz, Latin, World Influenced
- Keep Your Head Up by The Old Recruits: a new take on old funk
- Reclaimed Property by Kalabi: chillout music for late nights and early mornings
- Genuine by Eternal Jazz Project: gentle jazz from Sweden
- Hidden Sky by Jami Sieber: enchanting cello compositions
- Moments Musicaux by Elizabeth Wolff: 19th century classical piano
- Handmade by Eternal Jazz Project: gentle jazz from Sweden
- Light Off by EuchMad: Hypnotic and touching, Euchmad immerses us in a fantasy world
- Daydream by Robin Stine: jazzy, bluesy numbers that immediately sound like comfortable standards
- Alice in Wonderland by Emma Wallace: angst-free modern ragtime
- Cry Wolf by Ehren Starks: piano and cello/jazzy new age
- Mozart Klavier Trios by Streicher Trio: classical chamber music on period instruments
- A Reason to Stay Up all Night by Emma Wallace: angst-free modern ragtime
- Bach Violin Concertos by Lara St John: Bach violin concertos
- Christmas Through the Gateway by Osamu Kitajima and Chris Mancinelli: pan pacific ambient dance masters
- Tasabasaba by To Life!: Music as a journey through tribal landscapes, rhythmic dance, hypnotic trance.
- The Depths of a Year by Ehren Starks: piano and cello/jazzy new age
- Bach Cello Suites on 8 String Guitar by Daniel Estrem: colorful classical guitar
- Set on a Hill by Chad Lawson: Multi-award winning pianist and composer who is not afraid to put his hat in anything
- The Chopin Variations (on piano, violin and cello) by Chad Lawson: Multi-award winning pianist and composer who is not afraid to put his hat in anything
- Vocal music of the Cathedral Notre-Dame de Paris in the year 1200 by Vox Nostra: gorgeously complex and rich vocals using manuscripts from the middle ages
- MP3: High quality MP3 variable-bit-rate files. Most people download these: they are audiophile files that play everywhere.
- ALAC: Perfect quality Apple Lossless format files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, get these. They're an exact audio copy of the original CD, and include the CD artwork and artist info. This is the same format as High Definition audio provided by the iTunes store.
- AAC: High quality Apple Audio Codec files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, these files sound great and include CD art and artist info. This is the standard format provided by the iTunes music store.
- WAV: Perfect quality WAV files. This format works everywhere, and is an exact audio copy of the original CD. It sounds fantastic. Album art and artist and artist info is unfortunately not possible with this format.
- FLAC Perfect quality open source FLAC files. This is an open source audio format. It is an exact copy of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- Sports football betting app: High quality open source OGG files. This is an open source audio format. It is a compressed (smaller file size) version of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- Sports football betting app128k: Medium quality 128K MP3 files. These are medium audio quality MP3 files that will work on every device. The audio quality is good enough for most uses. These files are intended for cases where you want to conserve disk space.