Daniel Estrem : Dowland on 8 String Guitar.|
Colorful classical guitar.
John Dowland (1563-1626), an English Renaissance composer, singer and lutenist
was the period's most renowned and significant composer of lute solos, lute
songs (voice and lute) and consort music. His popularity and recognition during
his lifetime appear to be at odds with how he perceived himself. Perhaps he had
a realistic view of his place in the panorama of history. His melancholic lyrics
and music have often been described as his creation of an "artistic persona",
for he was actually known to be a mostly cheerful person.
Dowland composed some 90 works for solo lute, many of which are dance forms.
Melancholy does not dominate this album of Dowland's lute music played on
8-string guitar. The works, instead reflect a variety of moods and settings. It
is said that Dowland was musically influenced by his numerous travels to the
continent and there are instances in his music that sound like glimpses of the
future. In the last 40 seconds of the final track on this album ("A Fancy") one
can hear the tremelo of Francisco Tarrega's famous guitar piece "Recuerdos de la
Alhambra" followed by a pattern similar to the one used by Isaac Albeniz in his
celebrated "Leyenda" (Asturias). Both of these Spanish classics were written
about 300 years after Dowland.
1. Sports football betting appMy Lord Willoughby's Welcome Home (John Dowland)
2. Sports football betting appCome Away (Come Again) (John Dowland)
3. The Earl of Essex Galliard (John Dowland)
4. Lacrimae (John Dowland)
5. The Shoemaker's Wife (John Dowland)
6. Dowland's First Galliard (John Dowland)
7. Sir John Smith's Almaine (John Dowland)
8. Melancholy Galliard (John Dowland)
9. The Frog Galliard (John Dowland)
10. Sir John Souch's Galliard (John Dowland)
11. Lady Clifton's Spirit (John Dowland)
12. Robin (John Dowland)
13. Queen Elizabeth's Galliard (John Dowland)
14. My Lord Chamberlain His Galliard (John Dowland)
15. Lady Rich Her Galliard (John Dowland)
16. Captain Digorie Piper's Galliard (John Dowland)
17. Orlando Sleepeth (John Dowland)
18. The Earl of Derby His Galliard (John Dowland)
19. Lady Hunsdon's Puffe (John Dowland)
20. Tarleton's Riserrectione (John Dowland)
21. The King of Denmark His Galliard (John Dowland)
22. A Fancy (John Dowland)
Listen to: the entire album.
License Colorful classical guitar by Daniel Estrem for your project.
Play the music of Daniel Estrem in your restaurant or store.
Release date: 03/20/2014
Daniel Estrem lives in Minnesota USA
Tagged as: Classical, Renaissance, Instrumental, Composer: John Dowland, Classical Guitar
- Reclaimed Property by Kalabi: chillout music for late nights and early mornings
- JS Bach - Book 2 CD1 Well-Tempered Clavier by Daniel Ben Pienaar: virtuoso pianist playing Bach's 48
- JS Bach Violin Sonatas by Voices of Music: Lilting Renaissance & Baroque vocal interpretations
- The In Between by Anton Cosmo: rock superstar to be
- Resonance by Icicle: He Who Sings Thinks No Evil
- Boismortier (Harpsichord music) by Kathleen McIntosh: delicious harpsichord rarities
- Buxtehude - Suites and Variations by Colin Booth: solo harpsichord music
- Big Dipper by Drop Trio: groove-oriented organ-based funk jazz trio
- Confluentes by Ralph Rousseau Meulenbroeks: virtuoso viola da gamba
- CD2-Bach Cello Suites by Vito Paternoster: cellist extraordinaire
- JS Bach - Book 1 CD2 Well-Tempered Clavier by Daniel Ben Pienaar: virtuoso pianist playing Bach's 48
- Reverie_ by Icicle: He Who Sings Thinks No Evil
- Symon's Arcade by Mark Southeron: Led Zeppelin meets Underworld
- Idea of Alice by Tiny Little Blackouts: dreamy, slightly mournful indie pop
- Sports football betting appEnvelopes by macabro: mechanical flowers under the electric sunset
- Dark Harpsichord Music by Colin Booth: solo harpsichord music
- JS Bach Flute Sonatas and Partita by Takashi Matsuishi Spark: flautists with finesse, intelligence and grooves
- Space of Light by Satori: healing, meditative ambient new age
- Cifras Selectas de Guitarra, Santiago de Murcia 1722 by Eduardo Figueroa and Oscar Ohlsen: Chilean baroque guitar duo
- Over Seven Seas by Koshanin: Piano Tales, Ancient Dreams
- MP3: High quality MP3 variable-bit-rate files. Most people download these: they are audiophile files that play everywhere.
- ALAC: Perfect quality Apple Lossless format files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, get these. They're an exact audio copy of the original CD, and include the CD artwork and artist info. This is the same format as High Definition audio provided by the iTunes store.
- AAC: High quality Apple Audio Codec files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, these files sound great and include CD art and artist info. This is the standard format provided by the iTunes music store.
- WAV: Perfect quality WAV files. This format works everywhere, and is an exact audio copy of the original CD. It sounds fantastic. Album art and artist and artist info is unfortunately not possible with this format.
- FLAC Perfect quality open source FLAC files. This is an open source audio format. It is an exact copy of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- Sports football betting app: High quality open source OGG files. This is an open source audio format. It is a compressed (smaller file size) version of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- 128k: Medium quality 128K MP3 files. These are medium audio quality MP3 files that will work on every device. The audio quality is good enough for most uses. These files are intended for cases where you want to conserve disk space.