Daniel Estrem : Debussy on Guitar and Ukulele.|
Colorful classical guitar.
Claude Debussy (1862-1918), one of the most important of all French composers
was a major figure in European music at the beginning of the 1900's. His music
defines the transition from late-Romantic music to 20th century modernist music.
There exists a sensuous quality to his music and it is noted how his
compositions often avoid being formed around one key or pitch. His harmonies,
abrupt modulations and use of unusual scales (whole-tone and pentatonic) were
considered radical in his day, but today sound quite normal as he influenced
almost every major composer of the 20th century.
Debussy was a gifted pianist and an outstanding sight-reader, but his true
passion was for composition. He frequently challenged the rigid teaching of the
Paris Conservatoire and favored dissonances and intervals that were frowned upon
at the time. One of his famous quotes is, "Some people wish above all to conform
to the rules, I wish only to render what I can hear. There is no theory. You
have only to listen. Pleasure is the law." Another is, "Works of art make rules;
rules do not make works of art."
The pieces on this recording are Daniel Estrem's transcriptions of a sampling of
Debussy's piano works. The majority of the music consists of three suites; Suite
Bergamasque (1890), Children's Corner (1908) and Petite Suite (1889).
1. Sports football betting appPrelude - Suite Bergamasque (Claude Debussy)
2. Menuet - Suite Bergamasque (Claude Debussy)
3. Clair de Lune - Suite Bergamasque (Claude Debussy)
4. Passepied - Suite Bergamasque (Claude Debussy)
5. The Girl with the Flaxen Hair (Claude Debussy)
6. Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum - Children's Corner (Claude Debussy)
7. Jimbo's Lullaby - Children's Corner (Claude Debussy)
8. Serenade for the Doll - Children's Corner (Claude Debussy)
9. The Snow is Dancing - Children's Corner (Claude Debussy)
10. The Little Shepherd - Children's Corner (Claude Debussy)
11. Golliwogg's Cakewalk - Children's Corner (Claude Debussy)
12. La plus que Lente - Waltz (Claude Debussy)
13. En Bateau - Petite Suite (Claude Debussy)
14. Cortege - Petite Suite (Claude Debussy)
15. Menuet - Petite Suite (Claude Debussy)
16. Ballet - Petite Suite (Claude Debussy)
17. Reverie (Claude Debussy)
18. Le Petit Negre (Claude Debussy)
Listen to: the entire album.
License Colorful classical guitar by Daniel Estrem for your project.
Play the music of Daniel Estrem in your restaurant or store.
Release date: 1/15/2011
Daniel Estrem lives in Minnesota USA
Tagged as: Classical, Impressionism, Instrumental, Composer: Claude Debussy, Classical Guitar, Ukulele
- Reclaimed Property by Kalabi: chillout music for late nights and early mornings
- JS Bach - Book 2 CD1 Well-Tempered Clavier by Daniel Ben Pienaar: virtuoso pianist playing Bach's 48
- Future Forever by Ion: clean, crystalline ambient
- Magnificent Obsession vol 8 - Beethoven Sonatas by Sebastian Forster: exquisitely performed Beethoven piano sonatas
- Electroluv by Mr Gelatine: buzzy, trippy, glitchy melodic electronica
- The In Between by Anton Cosmo: rock superstar to be
- JS Bach - Book 2 CD2 Well-Tempered Clavier by Daniel Ben Pienaar: virtuoso pianist playing Bach's 48
- Cancionero by Dufay Collective: instrumental and vocal music from the Middle Ages and Reniassance
- Sylvius Leopold Weiss Suites en si Bemol et la Majeur by Mauricio Buraglia: a marvelous classical spiral of lute sounds
- Confluentes by Ralph Rousseau Meulenbroeks: virtuoso viola da gamba
- Space of Light by Satori: healing, meditative ambient new age
- JS Bach Suites and Fantasias, vol 2 by JungHae Kim: deeply elegant harpsichord
- Stile Moderno, Stile Antico by Thomas Walker: Lute music of 17th century France and Italy
- William Croft - Keyboard Music by Colin Booth: solo harpsichord music
- JS Bach - Book 1 CD1 Well-Tempered Clavier by Daniel Ben Pienaar: virtuoso pianist playing Bach's 48
- Toujours l'Amour by Music of the Spheres: small Baroque chamber ensemble
- Gnosis by Paul Avgerinos: beautiful ambient space music
- Spanish Recital by Sports football betting appAlan Rinehart: A feast of Renaissance and Baroque music
- On the Wave's Wings by Dmitry Krasnoukhov: New age romantic piano music
- JS Bach Violin Sonatas by Voices of Music: Lilting Renaissance & Baroque vocal interpretations
- MP3: High quality MP3 variable-bit-rate files. Most people download these: they are audiophile files that play everywhere.
- ALAC: Perfect quality Apple Lossless format files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, get these. They're an exact audio copy of the original CD, and include the CD artwork and artist info. This is the same format as High Definition audio provided by the iTunes store.
- AAC: High quality Apple Audio Codec files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, these files sound great and include CD art and artist info. This is the standard format provided by the iTunes music store.
- WAV: Perfect quality WAV files. This format works everywhere, and is an exact audio copy of the original CD. It sounds fantastic. Album art and artist and artist info is unfortunately not possible with this format.
- FLAC Perfect quality open source FLAC files. This is an open source audio format. It is an exact copy of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- Sports football betting app: High quality open source OGG files. This is an open source audio format. It is a compressed (smaller file size) version of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- 128k: Medium quality 128K MP3 files. These are medium audio quality MP3 files that will work on every device. The audio quality is good enough for most uses. These files are intended for cases where you want to conserve disk space.