Abbas Premjee : Crescent Moon.|
A fusion of rock and jazz from the east and the west that brings minds, hearts and souls together.
Each track on this album has been written with the help of Indian ragas: scalar and
melodic patterns that convey distinct essences of emotions. To this, I have
added sounds of rock, jazz and whatever else that came in my mind. The
A host of influences have converged here ranging from the
ancient sounds of Indian ragas to contemporary hip-hop beats. The result is
sometimes hypnotic and sometimes melancholic. Our ancestors had a much deeper
connection with music than we do, on a spiritual and emotional level. I would
like to reestablish that connection.
Crescent Moon features the mohan veena, a modern version of an ancient Indian
instrument. The mohan veena, being a slide instrument, possesses the ability to
play microtonally and bring out the true nature of the ragas.
2. Crescent Moon
4. Saqi the Divine Giver
5. Inner Fire
7. Rise from Slumber
8. Turning of the Tide
9. Empty Cup
10. From the Ashes
Listen to: the entire album.
License A fusion of rock and jazz from the east and the west that brings minds, hearts and souls together by Abbas Premjee for your project.
Play the music of Abbas Premjee in your restaurant or store.
Release date: 2/13/2013
Abbas Premjee lives in California USA
Tagged as: Jazz, World, Instrumental Jazz, Instrumental World, Contemporary Piano, Indian Influenced
- Let's Hibernate by Emma Wallace: angst-free modern ragtime
- Touch by Falling You: haunting, ethereal pop ambient
- The Cat's Whiskers by Geoff Cawthorn: solo piano works
- Third Annual Concert of Music by Bill Robinson: New Music in the Classical context
- Human by Falling You: haunting, ethereal pop ambient
- The Ice Castle by Kirsty Hawkshaw: ambient electronica
- Quieting by Lydia McCauley: intriguing piano compositions with dynamic accompaniment
- Atmosphere by Giorgio Costantini: Intense and minimalist new-classic piano and cinematic orchestration
- Cry Wolf by Ehren Starks: piano and cello/jazzy new age
- Faith by Falling You: haunting, ethereal pop ambient
- Music from Braid by Sieber, Kammen and Fulton: dreamy music from the acclaimed video game Braid
- Sports football betting appWind from the Orient by Olexa Kabanov: strings slowly plucked from the soul
- Rumi Symphony by Hans Christian: new age meets Indian cello
- Long Journey Here by Anne Garner: folk, electronica and classical threads weaving enchanted tales of wonder and woe
- PianoPianoForte by Giorgio Costantini: Intense and minimalist new-classic piano and cinematic orchestration
- Heartwood by Sora: Lushly evocative songstress singing music for a new world
- Mischief Reigns by Kiwi: world roots soul music
- Over Seven Seas by Koshanin: Piano Tales, Ancient Dreams
- After the Rain by Francois Couture: Canadian composer, musician, orchestrator, arranger and sound designer
- Old Friends by Peggy Duquesnel: Creative and Captivating Jazz / Pop Piano
- MP3: High quality MP3 variable-bit-rate files. Most people download these: they are audiophile files that play everywhere.
- ALAC: Perfect quality Apple Lossless format files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, get these. They're an exact audio copy of the original CD, and include the CD artwork and artist info. This is the same format as High Definition audio provided by the iTunes store.
- AAC: High quality Apple Audio Codec files. If you use iTunes or an iPod, these files sound great and include CD art and artist info. This is the standard format provided by the iTunes music store.
- WAV: Perfect quality WAV files. This format works everywhere, and is an exact audio copy of the original CD. It sounds fantastic. Album art and artist and artist info is unfortunately not possible with this format.
- FLAC Perfect quality open source FLAC files. This is an open source audio format. It is an exact copy of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- Sports football betting app: High quality open source OGG files. This is an open source audio format. It is a compressed (smaller file size) version of the original CD, and includes CD artwork and artist info. Works great on Linux, VLC and many audio players based on open source.
- 128k: Medium quality 128K MP3 files. These are medium audio quality MP3 files that will work on every device. The audio quality is good enough for most uses. These files are intended for cases where you want to conserve disk space.